The Rocky Mountain Indian Chamber of Commerce (RMICC) is now accepting applications for educational scholarships. The scholarship award recipients will be announced at the annual American Indian Achievement Awards Gala on November 11, 2023, at the Denver Marriott West, 1717 Denver West Marriott Blvd, Golden, CO 80401.
By submitting a complete application, applicant is qualified to be considered for an RMICC American Indian Scholarship. Selected recipients should make every effort to attend the annual awards gala, as mentioned above, to accept scholarship award.
APPLICATION DUE DATE: SATURDAY, October 20, 2023
- Recipient must be an enrolled member of a federal or state recognized American Indian tribe and able to provide supporting documentation, e.g., Tribal Enrollment card, or official enrollment letter from tribe stating membership. Attach copy with application package.
- Proof of current enrollment as a full-time student and in good standing at an accredited college / university.
- Complete and submit application with supporting documentation by due date.
- Application package must be submitted electronically, as instructed in the application, by due date. Application will be date and time stamped according to time submitted. Applications submitted outside the RMICC electronic format, e.g., mailed or hand delivered, will not be accepted or considered.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications received after the due date will not be considered.
During the application review process, RMICC may contact applicant for a phone interview (not to exceed 30min).
Successful recipients will be notified by October 27, 2023, via phone and/or email.
CONTINGENT UPON AWARD NOTIFICATION, RECIPIENTS MUST AGREE TO:
- Submit, via email, a current headshot / photo for the Awards Gala program / publication by close of business (COB): Friday, October 20, 2023.
- Attend the Awards Gala to accept and receive award. RMICC will provide Gala tickets for each recipient plus one (1) guest ticket. Additional tickets may be purchased through RMICC.
- Award recipient(s) that are traveling more than 60 miles, from Golden, CO, may request (via email) an exemption from attendance or special consideration for assistance by Thursday, November 2, 2023.
- Submit award alumni stories, if requested by RMICC to publish showing the success of the RMICC educational program.
- Scholarship funds (check) will be distributed at the Awards Gala. Each recipient will be required to sign receipt of check and provide identification at the Gala. Recipients that do not attend the Gala must contact RMICC for other arrangements.
Questions can be submitted to: [email protected]
- Copy of Tribal Enrollment Documentation
- Completed Application, including response to essay and questions.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (with contact information)
- Copy of current transcript(s) and current course schedule.