**Deadline extended to May 13, 2016**
The Institute of American Indian Arts is now accepting applications for the 2016 Summer Bridge Program (SBP). The SBP invites current high school juniors and graduating seniors to reside on campus for three weeks to take college level courses in art related fields. The program will be held June 26- July 16, 2016 at the IAIA Campus located in Santa Fe, NM.
During this program, selected participants will gain skills for college readiness, leadership and creativity while earning 2-4 college credits in the following:
- Indigenous Leadership through Higher Education (1 credit), AND
- A choice from ONE of the following courses:
o Acting I (3 credit)- intro to acting
o Word! (1 credit)- intro to creative writing
o Traditional Arts & Ecology (3 credits)
- Current high school junior or graduating senior
- Minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 2.5
- Complete application form
- $25 non-refundable application fee
- Copy of high school transcript
- One letter of recommendation written by a teacher, community leader or counselor who can make a recommendation based on merit
- Statement of Interest- one page answering the following: “How will the Summer Bridge Program impact your college plans?”
The program is highly completive and only complete applications will be considered.
Deadline extended to May 13. APPLY TODAY!!
Any questions, please contact Admissions@iaia.edu or 505.424.2300.
Loyola Rankin, Navajo
Office of Admissions & Recruitment
Institute of American Indian Arts
83 Avan Nu Po Road
Santa Fe, NM 87508-1300
www.iaia.edu │ 1.800.804.6422
IAIA’s Mission: To empower creativity and leadership in Native arts
and cultures through higher education, lifelong learning and outreach.
Beyond ideas of right and wrong
There is a field
I’ll meet you there