|Address 1||8500 Pena Blvd|
|Address 1||8500 Pena Blvd|
Denver International Airport is the 15th-busiest airport in the world and the fifth-busiest airport in the United States. With more than 52 million passengers traveling through the airport each year, Denver International Airport is one of the busiest airline hubs in the world’s largest aviation market. The airport is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $26 billion for the region annually.
Denver International Airport will:
- Strive to be America's favorite connecting hub, where the Rocky Mountains meet the world
- Become the hub of choice because air travelers will have a better, more pleasant, more reliable airport experience here
- Have service levels comparable to the best airports in the world
- Be the best possible gateway to our region
- Expand with new international air service
- Drive more economic growth for Denver and Colorado
Our Seven Core Objectives Are:
- Winning the hearts of our customers
- Inspiring our employees
- Partnering in operational excellence
- Investing in sustainability
- Putting DIA on the world map
- Building Airport City
- Excelling in financial performance
Holiday Travel Tips
Denver International Airport is expecting high passenger volume during the week of Christmas. The trend for the past couple of years has shown an average of one million passengers traveling through the airport from Tuesday through Monday of the holiday week.
10 TIPS to SAVOR YOUR JOURNEY AT DENVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
1. DIA’s new Paradise 4 Paws dog and cat spa takes pet boarding to a new level that will delight your furry family member and reduce your worries about leaving them alone during the holidays.
2. Use your smart phone to view DIA’s new and improved website – flydenver.com for easy access to your flight’s status, security wait times, parking availability and other ways to upgrade your travel this holiday season. Enjoy DIA’s fast and FREE Wi-Fi!
3. Let our Valet or Reserved Parking options reduce the stress of finding a space during your race to the gate. www.DIAReservedParking.com.
4. Breeze through security by applying for a TSA Pre✓™ status in Jeppesen Terminal – level 5 east.
5. Learn about the art of micro brewing on your way to the A Bridge security.
6. Fuel up before your flight with DIA’s abundance of healthy food options like Root Down, Elway’s and Udi’s
7. Fend off airplane seat discomfort with a quick massage before your flight at XpresSpa or A Massage.
8. Toast the season and the New Year in one of DIA’s wine bars like Crú or Vino Volo.
9. Do your last minute gift shopping on the fly at dozens of unique shops located throughout the airport.
10. Wait for arriving family and friends in comfort and joy at the Final Approach cell phone waiting area complete with flight information displays, food and a children’s play area.
MORE TRAVEL TIPS
- Know your airline’s checked bag policies and fees in advance to avoid surprises.
- Travelers may bring one carry-on bag and one personal item (purse, laptop, etc.) through security. Put medications and other required items in your carry-on bag.
- Leave holiday gifts unwrapped; TSA may open wrapped packages to check the contents.
Before you leave for the airport
- Check in online if possible.
- Check with your airline to confirm that your flight is on time.
- Be at DIA at least two hours prior to your flight departure time to allow plenty of time to check in and for security screening and traveling to your airline gate.
- Check parking availability.
- For real-time parking information while you’re on the road, watch for electronic signs along inbound Peña Boulevard or call (303) DIA-PARK.
- The East and West Economy lots, located next to Jeppesen Terminal garages, usually fill up first ($13/day).
- The East and West garages are rarely full during the holidays and are available for $3/hour or a $24/day maximum. For a guaranteed space, reserved parking is available in either garage for an additional fee of $4 per day, by visitingwww.DIAReservedParking.com.
- The $8/day Pikes Peak and Mt. Elbert shuttle lots are an alternative to economy and garage parking, but remember to allow an extra 30 minutes when using shuttle lots.
- Self-service check-in kiosks are located near airline counters.
- Even if you checked in online or at a kiosk, you still need to go to a ticket counter to hand off luggage to the airline if you are checking bags.
- Curbside parking at Jeppesen Terminal is prohibited.
- The Final Approach facility and its cellphone waiting lot are located directly north of Peña Boulevard next to the Conoco gas station. Take the 75th Avenue exit and turn left on Gun Club Road. Final Approach can be accessed off of Gun Club Road.
- Parking or stopping along any airport roadway is illegal and dangerous. Violators are subject to ticketing; Denver police will strictly enforce this rule.
Traveling with children or people 75 years old or older
- Consult http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/traveling-children if you are traveling with children.
- If you are age 75 or older, you may keep on shoes and light jackets when you pass through security checkpoints. http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/screening-passengers-75-and-older
- Get flight status information, road conditions, parking lot availability, security wait times, airport maps, ground transportation and more at www.flydenver.com.
- DIA recommends passengers download the free travel app FlySmart Airport for the Blackberry, iPhone and Android.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- Free global calling, free Wi-Fi Internet access, and cellphone charging stations are available throughout the airport.
Simply ask for help
- DIA’s Hospitality Ambassadors - easy to spot in their white cowboy hats - and Customer Services staff are available throughout the terminal and concourses to provide directions and information.
- Passengers without Internet access can use these helpful airport telephone numbers:
- (303) DIA-PARK (342-7275)
- (303) 342-4059 – Information on DIA ground transportation options
- (303) 342-2000 – DIA Customer Services
- (800) AIR-2-DEN – DIA Customer Services for out-of-town travelers
- TEXT (720) 408-5200 for general airport questions