Albuquerque, NM April 2015 - The State Tribal Education Partnership program is seeking proposals for it’s 2015 Educational Research and Cultural Infusion Conference. The conference will be held June 10-11, 2015 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
We anticipate a variety of participation including educators, school administrators, school board members, tribal officials and parents. There will be networking opportunities, workshops and engagement with professionals from various education disciplines.
What we are looking for:
This conference is dedicated to sharing educational research and innovative programs focused on education on the Navajo Nation and/or Indian Country.
We are seeking proposals that are informative and relevant to the field of education, supported by theory and research, and demonstrate ideas and practices that are applicable to everyday use.
Proposals should address the following educational areas:
• Standards development, curriculum and implementation
• Native American Research, Research Reviews or Critics on education
• Assessment, Testing, Measurement Issues
• Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Secondary Education, and Higher Education
• Best Practice and Effective Teaching
• Culture Based Education
• Policies effecting Indian Education
Presentations should take into account the diversity of the conference attendees. Representatives from a number of backgrounds, approaches and disciplines should be considered. These include Tribal Leaders, Federal and State Leaders, Teachers (BIE, Charter, Grant Schools, Private and Public Schools), Professors (Universities), School Board members, and parent organizations.
Presenters at the conference will be required to meet the following requirements:
- Presentation sessions will be 90 minutes in length.
- Individuals and co-presenter teams (limit of 4) are welcome to apply.
- Anticipate 40-50 participants to attend each workshop.
- Presentation proposal submission should include contact information for all presenters, title of presentation, abstract, and list of goals/objectives for presentation.
- All presentation rooms will be set-up in the classroom and theater style unless you have a specific request.
- Presenters will need to bring their presentations files on a USB flash drive for PowerPoint.
- We are committed to providing a high quality educational experience during our events. To ensure the quality of workshops and to help presenters with feedback, we will collect brief evaluations after each session.
- Presenters will be required to distribute and collect evaluations during their workshop. Presenters are welcome to assign this task to a colleague or participant
- Presenters will return completed evaluation forms to the registration table following their presentation. Proposal Checklist
- Application: Complete ‘Call for Proposals’ form.
- Abstract: Concise description of your presentation in 150 words, include list of goals/objectives for workshop session.
Please note: This will be included in the program agenda, so please proof read for errors. Submission Process and Deadlines
• Deadline for proposals are on Friday, May 15, 2015.
• Submissions may be sent by email, fax, or U.S. mail:
Email: Evelina Begay email@example.com
Fax: Office of Educational Research & Statistics-STEP Fax #: (928) 871-7642
U.S. Mail: Office of Educational Research & Statistics State Tribal Education Partnership P.O. Box 670 Window Rock, Arizona 86515
• If selected as a presenter for the conference, you must contact our office within 5 days of notification to acknowledge your selection.
• There is no registration fee for presenters but registration is required.
• Thank you in advance for your submission.
Selections will be made notified by email and/or phone no later than Friday, May 22, 2015.
OFFICE OF EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH and STATISTICS
P.O. Box 670 Window Rock, AZ 86515
Phone: (928) 871-7616 | Fax: (928) 871-7642